3 Reasons Why Parents are Qualified to Homeschool
Parents are qualified to homeschool their teens. Here are three reasons why you actually are qualified to homeschool high school.
1. Statistically you are qualified.
Homeschooling is much more effective than public or private school. You can find reliable homeschool statistics at NHERI.org. Homeschooling is more important regardless of race of parent or child, regardless of parental income or size of home, regardless of parental level of education. Parents are qualified to homeschool in every state, and state information is found in the article Know Your State Homeschool Law.
Your abilities will not necessarily limit your ability to homeschool. If you want to see statistics, and scientific reasons why this is true, take this free class: Homeschooling - Why Homeschool Works with Dr. Jay Wile
2. Scripturally you are qualified.
We are promised that homeschooling is effective. Here are scriptural reasons why you can be an EXCELLENT homeschool parent.
- Psalm 139:13-16 - Your child was given to you and was made for your family, so God knows you are the perfect person for this job.
- Philippians 4:13 - You are capable. You can do ALL THINGS, even this.
- 1 Peter 4:8 - Love covers a multitude of sins. Even when things go wrong (and it will) your child will still be OK.
- John 2:7-8 - Jesus gives step-by-step instructions for doing hard things. He doesn't command the end results (He will take care of that) but gives us nice, small, manageable steps. Just like in homeschooling, we can take this one step at a time, and each step is within reach.
If you already have kids, curriculum, pens, and paper and just need to find the faith to homeschool high school then this book will help! Finding the Faith to Homeschool High School: Weekly Reflections for Weary Parents
3. Love makes you qualified.
Why? It's the love we have for our child that ensures success. We are motivated by love to be sure they are educated. We are motivated financially because we want them to become independent and thriving adults. We love them and care that they can function in the world. We want them to succeed. No other teacher in the world is as motivated for the general good for their student.
Read the full article Homeschool Mom Decoder for more tips on explaining homeschooling, and our feeling about homeschooling, to others.