Each year, update your homeschool transcript to include your finished classes. Remember to recalculate the grade point average. Forgot how to do that? Here is a brief review of how to calculate homeschool GPA:
- Assign each class a credit value.
- Assign each class a numerical grade.
- Multiply each class credit by it's numerical grade. That gives you the grade point for that particular class.
- Add all the grade points for all the classes that are complete.
- Divide the total grade points by the number of credits completed.
- The answer is the current grade point average.
Each school district in the nation may have their own way to calculate GPA, or weigh classes. As an independent homeschooler, you get to determine your own policy on calculating grades. I encourage you to do it the easy way. A different method won't give a dramatically different GPA, and so choosing the simple method of how to calculate homeschool GPA makes the most sense.