My assistant Robin is such a genius! Look at these ADORABLE homemade felt ornaments she created for her Christmas tree! Wouldn't they be awesome as a gift from a child, or to decorate your home with a classic Christmas feel? Just download this pattern, cut out the colored felt, and stitch. Easy-peasy, cute-and-fun gifts!
"We have lots of little ones joining our family! Having some older siblings with adult children, I now have several great nieces and great nephews! I remember when my children were little. Our tree was bald from "toddler height" down! My teens and I will be making some felt ornaments for our family and friends with little ones this year. That way their trees will have toddler-friendly ornaments on the bottom of the tree." ~ Robin
You can create a cute red candy cane, icy-cold snowflake, or snowman with hat, scarf, and carrot nose!
- Felt in Christmas colors
- Coordinating embroidery floss or thread and needle
- A bit of tissue paper or cotton to stuff
- Small buttons or sequins for embellishment
- Ribbon for hanging on tree
- Download the pattern here: Felt Ornament Patterns
- Print the pattern out on regular copy paper
- Cut out the pattern pieces
- Lightly trace the shapes on the corresponding pieces of colored felt
- Carefully cut out the felt pieces
- Sew pieces together, making sure to sew in a loop of ribbon on the top so you can put it on the tree
- If desired, with the snowman you can add a bit of stuffing to make him a little plump
- Finish with any extra small buttons, beads, or sequins for embellishment
Please note: adding extras like buttons, beads or sequins to your ornaments is a cute touch, but small children may be able to pull them off! Another option is to use black embroidery floss, stitch French knots for eyes and straight stitches for smiles
- Hang on the tree, or add as a tag for a gift!