Do you have morning meetings with your students? A short daily check-in with each child can make your homeschooling run more smoothly in these 7 ways:
1. Facilitate learning as you check in with each subject.
2. Avoid cheating as you follow up with assignments to be sure they are complete.
3. Avoid burnout as you can see day-to-day if your expectations are reasonable and being met.
4. Finish science as you review vocabulary words and your expectations.
5. Complete math so kids know you are watching and care about their success.
6. Include delight directed learning and talk about what they are doing for fun.
7. Have a quiet time so you can focus on your own sanity, mental health, and spiritual walk with God.
Would you like more tips about having a morning meeting? Read Have a Morning Meeting for Homeschool Success
Would you like more keys to homeschool high school success? You'll love this free class, 12 Keys to High School Success!
If you're a homeschool family and have a teen in the house, I'm certain that you've probably had the dreaded discussion ... "When can I learn to drive?"
I remember when I was homeschooling and started thinking about homeschool drivers ed. Sometimes I'd get hung up on ONE small issue that would drive me completely BATTY! I remember wishing for ANYONE
FAFSA stands for "Free Application for Federal Student Aid." It's a form you fill out, much like the 1040 tax forms. Like the tax forms, these are also super-fun and well-written government prose. The US Department of Education requires the FAFSA to receive any government money for college. They mean "free" because it doesn't cost money to apply for the
If you are stressed out that your high school teen hasn't found a career interest yet, relax. Some kids decide on a career when they are very young, and others don't decide until much later. You can help with career assessment for your high school students - read my tips below!
This post contains affiliate links . If you click and buy
One of my favorite writing curriculum resources comes from my friends at IEW. If you aren't familiar with IEW, Institute for Excellence in Writing , you should go check them out! So many great resources that make writing fun to learn and remember! And, if you've never participated in their 12 Days of Christmas giveaways , you're in for a treat! Read