7 Tips for Earning College Credit this Summer
A few summers ago, my children worked for one month and saved our family $56,000. How did they do it? By homeschooling college in their spare time! Not bad for a summer job! You can also save a fortune in college expenses using a few very simple but lesser-known money-saving strategies.
Earning college credit is not just for college kids. Some students earn college credit by homeschooling college while they're still in high school. Summer is a great time to earn college credits. My children homeschooled college the summer between junior year and senior year, before applying to college. It helped provide outside documentation of our academic preparation, and it also helped our children get place appropriately in college classes when admitted. They earned all of their college credits through CLEP tests over the summer, and it's something that you can do, too.
Learn 7 Tips for Earning College Credit this Summer!
- Assess Knowledge - take a sample test, to see if they can pass.
- Study Subject - if they could pass, study to get a better score.
- Take Test - take the test for real, when you are sure they'll do well.
- Report Score - have scores sent to the colleges where they'll apply.
- Add to Transcript - add test results to the homeschool transcript.
- Celebrate Success - we celebrated each success with ice cream!
- Save Money - each success means less money spent for college.
Would you like more information?
Read the longer article: Homeschooling College with CLEP
Read this short book: How to Homeschool College and Eliminate Debt