This post contains affiliate links. If you click and buy I may make a few pennies, but not enough for a latte.
Leadership is something you learn by doing. Become good at something, do it often for fun, and pretty soon you'll be leading others as they do it, too. The next thing you know, you're leading! Leadership is also something you can learn by reading about. Read about leadership and about examples of good leaders, to become knowledgeable and skillful; then act on that wisdom as you lead others.
Here's an even longer reading list that should be seen by all college-bound teens. Click to download my best ideas: The HomeScholar College Bound Reading List
- Do Hard Things: A Teenage Rebellion Against Low Expectations Hardcover by Alex Harris, Brett Harris
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens: The Ultimate Teenage Success Guide Paperback by Sean Covey
- Jesus Freaks: Stories of Those Who Stood for Jesus, the Ultimate Jesus Freaks Paperback by D. C. Talk, and The Voice of the Martyrs
- Rich Dad Poor Dad for Teens: The Secrets about Money--That You Don't Learn in School! Paperback by Robert T. Kiyosaki
- How to Win Friends & Influence People Paperback by Dale Carnegie
- Developing the Leader Within You Paperback by John C. Maxwell
Here is a list of leadership books for teens that you might find helpful.
These are some leadership books for teens suggested by my friends. I've heard some great reports about these books!
- Love Works: Seven Timeless Principles for Effective Leaders Hardcover by Joel Manby
- Created for Work: Practical Insights for Young Men Paperback by Bob Schultz
- Boyhood and Beyond: Practical Wisdom for Becoming a Man Paperback by Bob Schultz
- Real Citizenship Practical Steps for Making an Impact on Your Culture Paperback by Tim G. Echols
- Being a Girl Who Leads: Becoming a Leader by Following Christ Paperback by Shannon Kubiak Primicerio
- One Girl Can Change the World Paperback by Claudia Mitchell, and Kim Goad
- The Gift in You: Discovering New Life Through Gifts Hidden in Your Mind Hardcover by Caroline Leaf Ph.D
- The Slight Edge: Turning Simple Disciplines into Massive Success and Happiness Hardcover by Jeff Olson, and John David Mann
What are your favorite leadership books for teens, to encourage leadership in young people? Please share your opinion of these books and others in the comments!