Are you looking for some ideas for great high school curriculum? If so, I can help you begin to weed through the large amount of resources out there for homeschool families. What a blessing that we have so many choices to choose from!
Gena Suarez, along with her husband, Paul, have homeschooled their seven children since 1990. What started for Gena as a way to share her love of books and homeschooling curricula by scouring thrift stores and a local book depository and then selling her finds on eBay soon turned into a conduit for reaching the hearts of homeschooling parents. She says of her experience, "There were homeschoolers everywhere! More and more parents every year were bringing their children home to educate them instead of letting the public schools do it."
Parents want more than just books; they also sought answers to their questions and fears about homeschooling. Gena remembers, "I was not at all an expert in home education or parenting. But I did my best to encourage these folks with the wisest possible answers I could give them, and I enjoyed the conversations that came from my little The Old Schoolhouse eBay bookstore."
Currently, SchoolhouseTeachers.com offers hundreds of homeschool courses for preschool through high school, including many designed specifically for the enrichment and encouragement of parents—and additional courses and features are always being added. Lesson designers from five continents, to date, have contributed material, many of whom are recognized as leading experts in homeschooling.
What does the best online homeschool curriculum offer to its thousands of members? Remember that SchoolhouseTeachers.com is the homeschool curriculum extension of The Old Schoolhouse®, a trusted name in the homeschool community for almost two decades. SchoolhouseTeachers.com has the experience and community with fellow homeschoolers to listen to moms. They know the need for flexibility to choose homeschool course options and make changes as needed, variety in content for every age level, a shared vision to instruct from a Biblical worldview, a family-centered approach, and easy access.
SchoolhouseTeachers.com is not an online school with live classes; SchoolhouseTeachers.com is the best online homeschool curriculum option with hundreds of content-rich courses in a variety of styles and formats, all taught from a Biblical worldview.
Here's what makes SchoolhouseTeachers.com the best online homeschool curriculum, and more, for homeschooling families around the globe:
- Hundreds of homeschool course options for teaching the youngest preschool learner through the high school senior
- Dozens of preschool courses, including full preschool and kindergarten curriculum options
- A vast array of elementary courses, including hands-on and video-based selections
- Numerous middle school courses that encourage independence and choice
- A wide selection of high school courses
- Even courses for parents and families
- Unique elective courses for all ages, from architecture to business, digital art, personal finance, and more
- Access to a huge video streaming library and World Book Online
- More than a thousand pages of digital planning tools, including the popular annual Schoolhouse Digital Planner and High School Schoolhouse Digital Planner
- Focused Learning Centers to provide parents with additional resources for teaching math, reading, special needs learners, high school, and physical education, as well as for exploring the Charlotte Mason method, hands-on learning, career options, and more
- Holiday Courses and Unit Studies for year-round celebrations
- Access to the Applecore Recordkeeping System
- Certificates of Completion
- Optional Scope and Sequence and Lesson Plans
- Monthly menus and household helps—because a homeschooling lifestyle goes beyond the academics
- The Old Schoolhouse® Magazine quarterly print issues delivered to the homes of US members
Without going into detail for every subject, you can find details for curriculum that I recommend at my Amazon store. There, I have curricula and resources listed for many areas of homeschooling!
If you're feeling befuddled and don't want to be at risk of buying curriculum that just winds up on a shelf, try this short and sweet book. It will have you up to speed quickly!