As a homeschool family, you have the freedom to use the fall months for special activities related to the season! I have put together a list of some of my favorite fun fall ideas for kids and their entire families! I hope you enjoy them!
Fun Fall Ideas for Kids and Families
- Thankfulness Jar - Start a new tradition with your family this year, or carry on an old tradition in a new way!
- Glitter Acorns - Apply glitter to acorns then display them in a jar. Cute and fun!
- Candle Apple Holders - Need a Thanksgiving centerpiece? Make these as a family!
- Scavenger Hunt - Go on a fall scavenger hunt together and enjoy the beauty. Use this one or make your own.
- Caramel Apples - Love caramel apples but think they're messy to eat? Make these together!
- Leaf Art - Do a fall craft together and count art hours for school!
- Apple Picking - Go apple picking together as a family. A great school outing and you get to eat the results!
- Make a fun Pumpkin Snack - Whether it tastes like pumpkin or looks like a pumpkin, a pumpkin snack can't be beat!
- Rake Leaves - Make a game out of a task that needs to get done. Rake up the leaves and jump in them or rake them up and make a walking maze out of them.
- Grateful Dinner Rolls - Type up a thing that each person is thankful for and bake them into the dinner rolls. Make a game of reading them and guessing who wrote each one.
- Go on a Fall Picnic - Pack a picnic and get out and enjoy a trail or a beautiful fall setting.
- Make Applesauce - Enjoy those fresh apples you picked by making applesauce.
- Pumpkin Seed Art - Carve a pumpkin and use the seeds to make an art project!
- Candy Pumpkin Science - Need a science activity? Candy pumpkins and toothpicks are all you need!
- Go to a Corn Maze - Corn mazes are fun to do together, and if you have older kids, go at night with a flashlight!
I hope you take the time to get out and enjoy the season together as a family. These activities can be a springboard for all kinds of fun to be had as the leaves change color and the temperatures get cooler! Enjoy!